Looking for a roasted red pepper pasta that the whole family will love? Using roasted red peppers adds a deliciously sweet and slightly smoky flavor that makes a creamy yummy sauce with the help of a little heavy cream.
This Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is a delicious and colorful dish that will make your taste buds dance!
It features roasted red peppers, heavy cream, and a hint of garlic for some extra zing. The perfect blend of flavors creates an easy-to-make meal that's sure to satisfy everyone at the dinner table.
Plus, it comes together in less than 30 minutes so you can have a tasty weeknight dinner on the table in no time!
Whether you're looking for something special to serve up as part of a date night or just want to add some variety to your weekly meals, this Red Pepper Pasta is sure to be a hit.
Pasta: We used bowtie pasta, but any small pasta like penne or even spaghetti would work too.
Roasted red peppers: We used a jar of peppers, again just to make it easy and quick. But you could easily just roast your own red bell peppers.
Toasted walnuts: We'll be adding these to the sauce for additional flavor. You can also sprinkle some on top of your pasta for some additional crunch.
Fresh basil: Pasta always tastes better with a little fresh basil added
We also used:
- Tomato paste
- Miso (optional)
- Fresh garlic
- Heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
To make your red pepper pasta, start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions.
While the noodles are cooking, you can make your sauce.
In a blender add the roasted red peppers, toasted walnuts, tomato paste, misso, heavy cream, garlic, and ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
Blend on high speed until the sauce is creamy.
When your pasta has finished cooking drain the water and return your noodles back to the pan.
Then pour your sauce over the pasta and stir until everything is coated well and the sauce warms up.
Your pasta is ready to serve!
We like to serve ours with breadsticks and salad. Enjoy!
You can store any leftovers in a sealable container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To rewarm, just put in the microwave for a couple of minutes and serve.
This creamy roasted red pepper pasta is a deliciously easy and tasty dish to serve on busy week nights.
- 12 ounces dry pasta
- 1 15 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ cup toasted walnuts + extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon miso (optional)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large cooking pot, bring water to a boil and make your pasta according to the package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, place red peppers, walnuts, tomato paste, miso, heavy cream, garlic and ½ a cup of the pasta cooking water to a blender.
- Blend until everything is creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain noodles and return them to pot. Pour prepared sauce over the noodles and stir until noodles are evenly coated and sauce is warm. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Your pasta is ready to serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 578Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 16g