Today we are making some super easy strawberry cake mix cookies! They're a delicious soft and fluffy cookie with subtle hints of strawberry flavor. We paired our strawberry cookies with a favorite flavor pairing, chocolate!
And to make them look pretty, we used these fabulous pink and red M&M's we found at the grocery store. They're perfect for these cake mix cookies.
Cake mix cookies are so popular because they are such an easy cookie recipe. They always come out so tasty and they're kind of hard to mess up. Plus did I mention super yummy!
They're a versatile recipe that makes whipping up cookies a breeze.
For this recipe you'll need only 3 ingredients, plus an add in which is totally optional.
- Strawberry Cake Mix: This is the base of your cookie recipe.
- Eggs: This will bind the rest of your ingredients together.
- Oil: I used olive oil, since that's what we had on hand. You can use your favorite cooking oil or even butter in a pinch.
- M&Ms: We used pink and red M&Ms. It's almost Valentines day and we found these at the store. They look perfect mixed in with our pink cookies. You could also use white chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips or even diced up strawberry pieces.
See recipe card for quantities.
To make these cookies, start by preheating your oven to 350F. I suggest moving one of your racks closer to the top of your oven if possible, to prevent the cookies from browning to fast on the bottom.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper, or prepare it with cooking spray and set aside.
This will help keep your pink cookies "prettier."
In a large bowl, combine your strawberry cake mix, eggs and oil.
Mix well with a whisk for fork.
If you are adding in any extra candies to your cookies, now is the time to add in half the candy.
We used M&M's but white chocolate chips would be a great alternative too.
Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, scoop out tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough and place onto your lined baking sheet.
Once all of your cookie dough balls are formed and on your baking pan, top off each ball with an additonal 3-4 M&M's. The balls may seem too small for so many M&M's but they will spread out wide while baking.
Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
When I took mine out, the cookies seemed like they were still under cooked. But after cooling a few minutes they came out perfect!
Let your cookies cool for a couple of minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
For us, this cake mix cookie recipe made about 24 cookies.
They were soft, fluffy and chewy cookies.
- Oil: It's advisable to use cooking oil for this recipe. You could use melted or room temperature butter, but the texture may be slightly different. It'll work though.
One of the best things about cake mix cookies is the variety you can have. We used strawberry cake mix for these cookies. But there are so many different types of cake mix cookies! You can literally have hundreds of combos when you add in fun candies.
Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies: Use white or yellow cake mix and chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies: Use chocolate cake mix and Reese's pieces candies.
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies: Use red velvet cake mix with white chocolate chips
The possibilities are endless!
For this recipe you'll need minimal equipment. A baking sheet, a mixing bowl and a whisk or fork is all you really need!
These strawberry cake mix cookies will store well for 3-4 days in an airtight container. If you chop up real strawberries and add into your cookies, they may only last 1-2 days at room temperature.
You could store these cookies in the fridge, but they'll become stiffer and not as soft.
Cake mix cookies spread out wide while baking. Make sure to leave plenty of space in between each cookie.
This recipe makes a fatter, fluffier cookie. If you want flatter cookie, try adding a touch more oil. So instead of ⅓ cups, you could do up to ½ cup of oil. You'll end up with slightly denser, flatter cookies.
It really just depends on your cookie preference.
These strawberry cake mix cookies are deliciously soft and fluffy cookies. They're one of our favorite easy dessert recipes and perfect for special occasions like Valentines day!
- 1 -15 ounce box strawberry cake mix
- 2 Large eggs
- ⅓ cup cooking oil
- 1 cup M&Ms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and
- In a large bowl, combine strawberry cake mix, eggs and oil, mix well.
- Add in half the M&M’s to the cake mix and fold in.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, form tablespoon-sized balls of
dough onto your lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Top cookie dough balls with 3-4 additional M&Ms to decorate
the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 3-4 minutes before transferring to a
- Serve and enjoy!
Make sure to separate each cookie at least 2 inches, they spread wide while baking.
Serving Size:3 Cookeis
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
The cookie dough for strawberry cake cookies contains raw eggs. Make sure not to eat the dough before cooking.