These easy snowman cupcakes are too adorable for words! The recipe is simple and the end result is just too cute. These would be perfect for a Christmas party or any winter celebration.
With the winter season in full swing, it's time to whip up lots of fun Christmas desserts. Today specifically, Christmas cupcakes!
And these cute snowman cupcakes are the perfect addition to any Christmas party!
We made these festive treats with big marshmallows so they look like cute melting snowman cupcakes.
The recipe is simple and the end result is adorable.
For these snowmen cupcakes we are making 6 cupcakes total. So adjust the ingredients according to how many cupcakes you'll need.
Cupcakes: Whip up your favorite cupcake recipe, for this one we are only making 6 cupcakes. You can make either vanilla cupcakes or chocolate cupcakes. They'll look great either way.
Vanilla frosting: This can be homemade buttercream frosting or store bought white frosting.
Coarse white sugar: To dip the frosting in and create a snow appearance. We used a extra course crystal sugar.
Jumbo Marshmallows: This will be the snowman's head.
Tootsie rolls: For the top hat
Twizzlers: Pulled apart, this will be used to create a cute scarf
Black frosting gel: For the snowman's arms.
Food markers: In orange and black.
We'll start by making our snowman faces. Just grab one of the jumbo marshmallows and draw the snowman's eyes and mouth.
Then add a "carrot" nose with your orange food marker. Continue this with all of your marshmallows.
Set your snowman faces aside and start preparing the rest of your cupcakes.
Fill a piping bag with the vanilla frosting with a large round tip, or no tip at all.
Pipe a generous amount of icing onto the cupcake.
Then press the top of the cupcake, the frosting area, into a bowl of coarse sugar.
This will create a snow like appearance.
Then grab one of your snowman faces and place a small amount of frosting onto the bottom of the marshmallow.
This will be the "glue" to stick it to the cupcake.
Then pipe arms using the black frosting gel.
Add hats to your snowmen by cutting a tootsie roll in half and sticking it to the top of your cupcake with a little more frosting.
Then wrap one of the red strings from the twizzler to create a scarf for your snowman. And that's it.
Now you have adorable melted snowman cupcakes. Aren't they cute??
- 6 Prebaked cupcakes
- 1 16oz can vanilla frosting
- ¼ cup coarse white sugar
- 3 tootsie rolls
- Pull apart twizzlers
- Black frosting gel
- Make the snowman faces onto the jumbo marshmallows, using the black food marker to create dots for eyes and mouth. Use an orange food pen to make the snowman's nose.
- Pipe generous amount of frosting onto cupcakes with a large tip or not tip at all.
- Press frosting part of cupcakes into coarse sugar.
- Add small amount of frosting to bottom of marshmallow faces.
- Stick a marshmallow face onto the cupcake.
- Add arms to your cupcake using the black icing gel.
- Add a hat using half a tootsie roll dipped into frosting.
- Wrap a pulled twizzler string around the snowman's neck as a scarf.