Today we are making some fun Frankenstein Rice Krispie treats! They're super easy to make and perfect as a Halloween Dessert.
These cute Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are a fun and easy way to get into the Halloween spirit!
And we love everything Halloween around here! And what better way to celebrate than with fun Halloween treats!
This recipe is super simple and can be made in only a few minutes.
The end result is a delicious and spooky snack that will be sure to please both kids and adults alike and perfect for any Halloween party.
Rice krispie treats: We used the store bought ones to save some time, but you could easily whip up a homemade batch and cut them into even squares.
Green candy melts: To serve as Frankenstein's skin
Black candy melts: You could also use melted chocolate if you prefer
Coconut oil: Or vegetable oil, helps smooth out the candy melts
Candy eyes: We used the small ones, but the big ones could be fun too!
Popsicle sticks: We planned on using our Frankenstein rice krispies treats as cupcake toppers, so we stuck them on a popsicle stick.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
If you are using store bought rice krispies, remove them from their packages and set on a plate, ready to use.
If you are making a homemade rice krispie recipe, make your rice krispies and cut them into even rectangles about 2 inches wide and 3 inches high.
Place the green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the coconut oil.
Microwave on high for 30 second increments until the candy is completely melted, stir well and be careful not to overheat the candy. (It burns quickly!)
Mix the melted candy well adding a teaspoon of oil at a time until nice and smooth.
Once the candy has melted, dip your rice krispie treat into the green candy pressing firmly, and lifting up to completely cover one side.
Add the candy eyes to the Frankenstein face immediately before the candy dries.
Repeat the process with all of your rice krispies and set them aside so they can dry.
Once they are dry, melt the black candy melts using the same process as the green candy, until it's nice and smooth, but still thick.
Put the melted black candy into a ziplock bag with the tip snipped off or a piping bag if you have one on hand.
Now you can create a nose for your Frankenstein's. Just squeeze a large candy dot below the two eyes.
Now it's time to create some hair! Using up and down movements, squeeze the candy on the top Frankenstein's head, like shown below.
Then give him some eyebrows, a mouth and a little zig zaggy scar on the bottom right corner near his mouth.
Repeat with all of the rice krispie treats until you have a small Frankenstein army.
Allow them to dry completely (about 10 minutes.)
And that's it! You've finished your super easy Frankenstein rice krispie treats!
We are going to use these to make Frankenstein cupcakes, so we added popsicle stick to the bottom of our fun treats.
Aren't these the cutest Frankenstein treats! I just love how they came out.
Hint: The oil makes a big difference in the texture of the candy melts! Also do not over heat them.
Make sure to stir well while checking on them during the 30 second intervals.
If the candy melts do burn you'll end up with a stiff fluffy mess that's very hard to work with.
We used premade rice krispie treats. But you could totally use a favorite homemade rice krispie treat recipe using rice krispies cereal, marshmallows and butter.
These should keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
These Frankenstein rice krispie treats are a fun and easy Halloween treat. We'll show you step by step how to make your own Frankenstein treats in minutes!
- 16 rice Krispie Treats
- ¼ cup green candy melts
- ¼ cup black candy melts
- 1-2 teaspoon coconut or vegetable oil
- 32 Small Candy Eyes
- 16 Popscicle Sticks
- Start by opening all of your rice krispie treats and setting aside.
- In microwave safe bolw, melt green candy melts with 1-2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Melt in 30 second increments, stirring in between sessions. Do not overheat it.
- Mix it well, adding 1 teaspoon of oil at a time to make it smooth. (About 60-90 seconds)
- Once completely melted dip rice krispie treat face down into the green candy.
- Add candy eyes immediately and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining rice krispie treats.
- Once all treats are covered with green candy, repeat the melting process with black candy melts.
- Add melted black candy to a piping bag.
- Create a nose on the center of Frankensteins face.
- Then add hair by using small up and down movements while squeezing the candy bag to create hair.
- Then add eyebrows, a mouth and a small zig zag scar to each of the rice krispie treats.
- Allow to cool until fully dry, about 10 minutes.
- Add the popsicle sticks to the bottom (optional.)