This homemade coconut fudge recipe is simple to make and impossible to resist! Creamy white chocolate fudge with hints of coconut flavor and sweet shredded coconut mixed inside!
Get ready to make this easy Coconut Fudge! This is a super fun and very tasty recipe that everyone, from beginners to kitchen pros, can enjoy.
You don't need fancy skills or ingredients, just a love for sweet, coconut-flavored treats. Let's make some fudge that will make your taste buds dance!
Looking for other fun and easy fudge recipes?
What You'll Love About This Recipe
- Quick to Make: With a prep time of just 10 minutes and a cook time of 3 minutes, you can whip this up in no time!
- Simple Ingredients: Only 4 ingredients needed, and they're easy to find.
- No Bake: No oven needed, just a microwave and a fridge.
- Delicious Flavor: Rich, creamy, and full of coconut goodness.
- Versatile: Perfect for any occasion, from casual gatherings to holiday treats.
White Frosting: This creamy frosting is the secret to our fudge's smooth texture. Look for one that's rich and smooth.
White Chocolate Chips: These add a sweet, creamy taste. Choose a good quality brand for the best flavor.
Sweetened Shredded Coconut: This brings the coconut flavor we love. It’s sweet, chewy, and makes our fudge extra special.
Coconut Extract: Just a little bit adds a big burst of coconutty flavor. It's like the magic touch in our fudge recipe.
- 8x8 Pan: To shape and set your fudge.
- Medium Microwave-Safe Mixing Bowl: For melting the chocolate.
- Rubber Spatula: Essential for stirring and mixing.
- Parchment Paper: Prevents sticking and makes removal easy.
- Measuring Spoons & Cups: For accurate ingredient portions.
Start by preparing your 8x8 inch pan. Line it with parchment paper, which will make it much easier to remove the fudge later. Unlike nonstick spray, parchment paper ensures that the fudge comes out cleanly without sticking.
Take a medium-sized mixing bowl and add your white chocolate chips. Microwave these on high for a total of 2 minutes.
Here's a key tip: stop every 30 seconds to give the chips a good stir. This might seem unnecessary if they haven't started melting yet, but it's crucial to prevent them from overheating and burning. Once the burn, the chocolate will seize up and become unusable.
After your chocolate chips have melted into a smooth mixture, it's time to melt the frosting. First, make sure to remove any lid and foil from the frosting container to avoid any accidents in the microwave.
Microwave the frosting on high for 1 minute. Unlike the chocolate chips, you don't need to pause and stir the frosting.
Now, add the coconut extract to your melted frosting. Stir it in gently. This step infuses the frosting with a rich coconut flavor, enhancing the overall taste of your fudge.
Next, combine the melted frosting with the melted chocolate. Add in your sweetened shredded coconut at this stage. Stir everything together. This ensures that all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and the coconut is evenly distributed throughout the fudge.
Pour your fudge mixture into the lined pan. Spread it out evenly and give it a few taps to let any bubbles out. You can top with additional coconut shreds to make the fudge look prettier in the end.
Then, refrigerate it for at least 4 hours. This resting time is important for the fudge to set properly.
Once your fudge is set, take it out of the fridge. Slice it into 1-inch pieces or any size you prefer. This is where you can get creative with the shapes and sizes of your fudge.
Enjoy your homemade Coconut Fudge!
Foil Check: Ensure all foil is off the frosting can to avoid any mishaps. Otherwise it could spark in the microwave.
Add Extract Wisely: Mix it with the frosting to keep your chocolate smooth. If you add the extract to your chocolate, it may cause it to seize up and not look so pretty in the end.
Coconut Levels: Love coconut? Feel free to add a bit more, but not too much as it may alter the texture of your fudge.
Cutting the Fudge: Use a sharp knife for clean cuts. Warm the knife for even smoother slicing.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: For a richer, less sweet flavor.
- Almond Extract: For a different twist on the flavor profile.
- Nutty Coconut Fudge: Add chopped almonds or pecans.
- Chocolate Drizzle Fudge: Drizzle with melted dark chocolate before setting.
You can store any leftover coconut fudge either
- Fridge: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezer: Can be frozen for up to 3 months; thaw before serving.
- Reheating: Let it warm up at room temperature for a softer texture.
This Coconut Fudge is a breeze to make, offering a perfect blend of sweet chocolate and tropical coconut.
- 1 16-Ounce Can White Frosting
- 10 Ounces White Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- ½ Teaspoon Coconut Extract
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Heat frosting in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir coconut extract into melted frosting.
- Combine frosting, melted chocolate, and shredded coconut.
- Pour into pan and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Slice and serve.
Be careful not to add too much of the coconut extract to the frosting or the taste will be off.